Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Project: Mercury - 1

Project Mercury (first planet, first project...works for me)

Simply put, it's a podcast client.

Something small, fast and unobtrusive.

I've tried a lot of podcast clients and they all felt strange or not quite right for one reason or another.

Just to get it out in the open, no I'm not using iTunes. I use Windows Media Player to manage my audio files. Primary reason being it can watch folders for changes and I don't have to add music to my collection via the WMP interface...why iTunes can't do this is beyond me.

I have no idea on how I'm going to accomplish this with C#, but I'm going to try.

I'll post my thoughts on what I think this app should be like soon, but until them maybe you can tell me what you think would be good to have in a podcast client.

I got a lot of great feedback on my post about learning C# or Java. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post comments. It's helpful.

No comments: